BUDA, TEXAS – For the eighth consecutive year, the Buda Development Services Department was selected as a recipient of the Richard R. Lillie, Fellows of the American Institute of Certified Planners (FAICP) Planning and Excellence Award from the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association.
This award recognizes planning departments across Texas that increase awareness of professional planning standards exhibited by the Buda Development Services Department and supported by the Buda City Council and the Buda Planning and Zoning Commission.
“The Development Services Department is honored to receive an award recognizing the city’s efforts to promote quality planning and development,” Buda Director of Development Services Melissa McCollum said. “This recognition ensures that our planning efforts to create a better future for Buda have been successful.”
Criteria for the recognition include:
- Increase community awareness of the importance of planning
- Recognizing planning departments that meet specific professional requirements
- Recognizing planning efforts that have achieved community support
- Encouraging the funding of professional training for planning commissioners and staff
- Aiding economic development and community image
The City of Buda is home to about 18,000 residents and has earned designations as a “Texas Main Street City,” “Tree City USA,” “Bee City Affiliate” and “Platinum Level Scenic City.” Buda is situated along the Interstate 35 corridor, has 14 parks and a historic downtown district where residents and visitors alike can shop, dine, relax, and breathe easy here.
— # # #—