Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I get fingerprinted at the Buda Police Department?
A: Yes, we offer fingerprinting services to residents and nonresidents. Fees apply.

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my police report?
A: You will need to submit an Public Information Request in person, online, or via email to

Q: How do I obtain a copy of an accident report?
A: Accident reports can be picked up for $6 at the Buda Police Department or purchased online.

Q: How do I dispose of expired medication?
A: In partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Buda Police Department hosts a National Prescription Drug Take Back Day twice a year. Visit here for more information. We also have a drug collection unit in our lobby which is accessible to the public Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Q: How do I report an animal concern/issue?
A: To report an Animal Control issue, call Hays County Communications at (512) 393-7896.

Q: I'm going out of town, can I request an officer to keep an eye on my house?
A: Buda residents can submit a Close Patrol Request via the Police Services page of our website.

If you did not see your question listed, please visit the Police Services page to complete the Citizen Contact Form and submit your question / concern online.