- Public Works
- Water Department
- Water Conservation
The City of Buda entered Stage 2 Drought restrictions effective November 7, 2022When Stage 1 drought conservation measures are in effect, the City of Buda aims to achieve a 20% reduction of total water use.
Requirements for Stage 2 include:
1. Waste of water is prohibited.
2. Outdoor irrigation shall be restricted as follows:
(A) Irrigation with hose-end sprinklers and automatic sprinkler systems is prohibited between the hours of 12 a.m. and 7 p.m. and shall follow the outdoor watering twice-per-week schedule:
- Odd-numbered residential: Wednesday and/or Saturday.
- Even-numbered residential: Thursday and/or Sunday.
- Commercial, mixed use and multifamily: Tuesday and/or Friday.
- Outdoor watering must start and stop within the 24-hour period of the designated water day as determined by address.
- It is recommended that outdoor watering be limited to one of the permitted watering days each week in order to promote conservation.
(B) Outdoor watering with a handheld bucket, handheld hose with a positive shutoff device, soaker hose and/or drip irrigation is restricted to the outdoor watering twice-per-week schedule and shall be prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
(C) Irrigation of vegetable gardens with a handheld bucket, handheld hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation is allowed on any day but is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
(D) Irrigation of protected trees by a soaker hose, automatic bubbler, tree watering bag, or similar device placed within the tree's dripline is allowed on any day but is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
(E) Commercial nurseries are subject to the time restrictions when using automated irrigation systems but may operate on any day. Use of a handheld bucket, handheld hose with a positive shutoff device, soaker hose and/or drip irrigation are permitted at any time on any day.
(F) Date and time restrictions for irrigation do not apply during repair or testing of a new or existing irrigation system if the person performing the testing is present. The irrigation system shall only be operated as long as is necessary to diagnose and complete repairs.
3. Vehicle washing.
(A) Charity carwashes are prohibited unless held at and using a commercial car wash facility to wash vehicles.
(B) Noncommercial vehicle washing is allowed but must comply with the twice-per-week outdoor water schedule and must be done using a handheld bucket or a handheld hose equipped with a positive shutoff device.
(C) Commercial vehicle washing is allowed on any day and at any time.
4. Filling of new and existing swimming pools using the municipal water supply is prohibited. Make up water of existing swimming pools is allowed. Swimming pool surfaces shall be covered at least 50 percent when not in use.
5. Operation of nonrecirculating aesthetic water features is prohibited at all times.
6. Washing of impervious surfaces is prohibited unless required for health and safety use.
7. Foundation watering is allowed on any day and at any time. However, foundation watering shall not result in saturation to the point it causes pooling in the yard or runoff onto impervious surfaces, adjacent property, drainage facilities (natural or manmade), sidewalks or streets.
8. Other nonessential water uses are allowed but all reasonable measures shall be taken to limit the use.
9. Construction water used for non-potable needs, such as dust suppression, shall utilize alternative sources of water such as rainwater, graywater, and reclaimed water to the maximum extent available. The City Manager may cap withdrawals from construction meters connected to the city water system.
- Stage 2 Restrictions Quick Reference Guide
Drought Contingency and Water Conservation Plan(updated 6/18/19)
New Landscape Authorization Form